Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Gent
Van der Valk
As a Waiter for our Restaurant Cocotte or De Brasserie you will work together with the team to ensure an optimal guest experience at the largest hospitality family business in the Netherlands. A great way to develop yourself in a company that everyone knows! On 1 April 2021 Van der Valk Hotel Gent - Belgium opened its doors. The hotel is located 10 minutes from the city centre and has a view of the Ghelamco Arena. In total, the hotel consists of 10 floors with 263 rooms, a sky bar, a brasserie, an á la carte restaurant and 12 banqueting halls/meeting rooms and a wellness.
As a Waiter, more is possible at Van der Valk than you might think. With us you will learn what hospitality is: we do not say no, but offer an alternative. In addition, there are plenty of opportunities to grow and you can work flexible (catering) hours with us.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You will serve our guests, note any special requests for the kitchen and, together with your colleagues, ensure a smoothly running restaurant;
- You welcome guests, give menu and beverage advice and also enthusiastically explain the composition or preparation of dishes;
- You clean restaurant equipment or furniture and you arrange tables and chairs;
- You make reservations for the restaurant;
- Drawing up the bill and receiving and checking means of payment;
- Clearing the tables and ensuring the restaurant is always tidy;
- Reporting any technical defects to the Technical Services Department;
- This list of tasks is not exhaustive, depending on the circumstances you may always be asked to carry out additional tasks.
WHAT WE OFFER
- We ask a lot, but we also give a lot:
- A job in a pleasant working atmosphere where teamwork is the basis for success;
- A market-conforming salary, supplemented with meal vouchers and a clothing allowance;
- Discounts on overnight stays and in our restaurants;
- A fun and challenging job
- Now and then a fun teambuilding or staff drink
- You will receive a family and friends membercard that gives you a discount on accommodation and in our restaurants
WHO ARE YOU?
- You are full of energy and enjoy working with the team to ensure that the hotel runs smoothly on a technical level. You are friendly to your guests and colleagues. Hospitality for you means going the extra mile to make sure our guests leave the hotel with a smile. And:
- You have at least 1 year of experience in a similar position;
- You are flexibly employable (also in the weekends/evenings);
- You are stress resistant and can set priorities;
- You can work well in a team;
- You are representative and hospitable;
- You speak fluent and correct Dutch;
- Fluency in French is an advantage.