Chef de Partie
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Gent
Van der Valk
Since 1 April 2021, Van der Valk Hotel Gent - Belgium has opened its doors. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a motivated Chef de Partie. You are co-responsible for the daily course of events and progress in the kitchen. You are also responsible for the preparation and timely distribution of dishes for the guests. Our team is service- and guest-oriented, collegial, responsible, sociable and flexible. Are you this or would you like to be? Then you can come and strengthen our team immediately!
Are you passionate about Asian cuisine and do you enjoy working in an open kitchen? Would you like to join the kitchen team? Then you are the person we are looking for! Are you a serious and hardworking colleague who fits perfectly in our nice team? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
The hotel is located 10 minutes from the city centre and has a view of the Ghelamco Arena. In total, the hotel consists of 10 floors with 268 rooms, a Skybar and a wellness
- You are responsible for the warm side of the kitchen.
- Thinking along about the (renewal of) menus;
- You keep the kitchen running smoothly during service.
- Your task includes correctly cooking the meat on the grill, making the various sauces and preparing the pasta and fish dishes.
- Monitoring compliance with safety and HACCP;
- You take care of and/or check the mise-en-place of cold and hot dishes;
- Independently preparing and finishing dishes according to order;
- Cleaning up the kitchen, cleaning work tools and workplaces and checking / processing food surpluses;
- You ensure hygienic storage and preservation of food and you check the quality and freshness of the products;
- You keep the refrigerator, freezer and kitchen orderly and clean;
- You are creative in finding, developing and proposing new preparations, dishes or presentations and discuss these with the Head Chef;
WHAT WE OFFER
We ask a lot, but we also give a lot:
A job in a pleasant working atmosphere where teamwork is the basis for success;
A market-conforming salary, supplemented with meal vouchers and a clothing allowance;
Discounts on overnight stays and in our restaurants;
A unique workplace;
A fun and challenging job - often in the evenings and weekends - with room for personal growth;
Now and then a fun teambuilding or staff party;
- Overtime that may be taken in recuperation;
- Holiday pay and a year-end bonus;
- Company clothing;
- Commuting allowance or bicycle allowanc
- Great! Send us your CV and motivation as soon as possible.
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Employment contract: Full-time, indefinite period
WHO ARE YOU?
- Hospitality for you means going the extra mile to make sure our guests leave the hotel with a smile. And:
- A minimum of a completed cook's education;
- You have an eye for detail;
- You can work well in a team;
- You are enthusiastic and hospitable.